Sunday, January 18, 2015

I can see the top of my desk again!

Yay for getting through some of my items for this weekend.  Still need to do some other things but at least I can say I:
- Treated my niece yesterday (went out to eat with her plus mi madres and GA)
- Put away laundry
- Cleared off my desk
- Begun organizing my closet
- Packaged In-Drive Tech for return
- Did my hair

And hopefully tomorrow I'll get a little bit more done.  Like moving some books onto my bookshelf.  Work on some revisions and do a bit reading.  I still need to finish Week 3's shorty story which I might work on after this entry.  But part of me just wants to read.

I literally tried to work through as much as I could today once the 'chore' bug hit me.  It's like I have to just keep going and not be satisfied with having a task checked off.  I had to take advantage of it because  I knew once I sat down I might not get up to do much else.  So it just happened that after I made some pancakes from scratch (my niece kept begging for them) that I washed dishes while listening to NPR, then moved the hamper full of clean clothes to my room and began hanging stuff up, cleaning/re-organizing clothing drawers, sorting things on my desk I needed to file vs. what could be discarded (or might need to be shredded) and let my niece.  So overall a productive day on the cleaning front.  Still more to organize but at least I can see my desk.

The friend who read my 2013 nano also contacted me today to let me know that he was considering rereading the book!  To me, that either is a sign of a good read and wanting to re-live something or there are elements of the story still lingering or ... ... ... whatever the case that makes me happy.  I really need to sit down and finish reading it myself but I gave out all my paperback copies :\

I also got some very encouraging news about MD and feeling motivated about seeing the second draft through.  This novel definitely has elements about it that I love but it has given me grief but at the same time.  I SEE the end goal.  It's getting there that's the problem.

I will say.  I do love that feeling.  When I read a bit of encouragement in regards to my novels this week.  Each time I was given a boost.  I felt those doubts about my writing shrink to the shadows and that overwhelming feeling of "I can do this" triumph.  If only I can bottle it and nibble on bits of that as if it were a daily vitamin or right before I sat down to write on my now clean desk (clean for now I should say). 

Anywho, I probably need to work on finishing that questionnaire tonight.  Work on the daily 100 and try to finish week 3's short story.  Definitely need to finish the questionnaire tonight and work on tackling the remaining items tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I love that feeling after getting good feedback. I'm back at work tomorrow and can finally print off your sample chapters :) You've managed to get quite a bit done this weekend so feel good about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a good feeling. And very encouraging. I hope you like the chapters I sent your way :)

      Delete