Saturday, March 9, 2019

Spring Forward

I had a moment today.

I think this week, the last two weeks really amounted to me just needing to do something.  So had some retail therapy.  And I don't spend a lot in general but it felt overboard today.  Considering the gifts for my birthday were supposed to be paying off some debts -_-

That said I bought 5 books, some perfume, one dress, and one tunic.  And I'm flipping because I really would have preferred all of that to go toward a credit card or student loan.  So while out it felt good but now I'm just like "didn't get any writing done, spent money, wasteful..."

At any rate.  I should try to write.  Just goes to show trying to fix something doesn't always mean buying crap will help.  Not to say the books are crap as I fully intend to read them, but just trying to use material things to substitute or be a solution.

In unreleated news watched "Crazy Rich Asians" and "Kings" tonight.  CRA was entertaining but felt like it could've been more cohesive but enjoyed it nonetheless.  Kings seemed to be all over the place.  But I recognize the narrative it's trying to capture is a challenge in of itself, just seemed like it could've honed in a bit better to allow for a connection to be made.  

No comments:

Post a Comment