Saturday, June 4, 2016

June Check In

I've gotten to the point of monthly check ins.  Aw life...  I'm really going to try to move toward at least posting once a week and hopefully working on 2 shorts this month since I'm behind. 

While I'm mentally making notes for what I want to do with this next draft of MD I've been trying to feed my brain this past month.  At the recommendation of my manager I checked out the first book in the Southern Reach trilogy and recently ordered the next two books through the library.  And I think it did the trick so I'm anxious to get started on it while still trying to balance my backlog of books -_-

I have several sci-fi books I had intended to have read by the time I picked up MD again but I still wasn't feeling as though it was right.  I know part of that is just writer neurosis and I have to let go at sometime but -_-  ... ... I think I need one more go at it to feel good.

Resolution status:
1. Complete the revision for another novel (TYW or OTTM/TMO) - In Progress... 
2. Complete the first draft for an open project (i.e. the revenge deity story, faux immortality story, porch story, or mistress for hire)
3. Aim for 10 - 15k / per month (daily goal will be 500) - In Progress
4. Pay off 2 additional debts (most likely two credit cards) - - COMPLETE 
5. Self publish a work  - In Progress... 
6. Write 15 short stories - SUPER Behind :(
7. Visit/travel to a new place - In Progress...  Sort of
8. Learn something new (tap class, 10 Mandarin character/per mth, or ...) - In Progress...
9. Read 40 books - In Progress... 19 of 40
10. Watch 10 new movies (half while still in theaters) - DONE! 
 
 
 
 
 
Since the last post I think we've seen a few more movies such as "Captain America 3: The Civil War", "The Darkness", "X-Men Apocalypse", and "Through the Looking Glass".  So a lot of movies this year.  And will likely be seeing "Me Before You" this weekend with a friend.  And maybe one other movie for the fam. 
 
But right now going to try to work on this short story that's been tinkering in my head for the last week.  I only know a tiny bit so we'll see where it goes... who knows maybe this one might lend itself to being more someday. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on those short stories. Right now I am considering my fanfic as short stories because I am just not getting to writing at all :( You've done great overall in terms of your list of things to do though. And good job paying off those debts!

    ReplyDelete