Monday, September 4, 2023

Assembling Your Tearm, Finding Your Tribe, etc... Yo People

 Dropping in, once again with the intention of being a regular conversationalist with me blog.

Today's topic: Me, You, People, People, You, I

To say, this isn't about writing.  But it is about writing.  

Last year I was writing at Panera when I was told I need a team.  During the Indic Romance Convention, I attended last year, several of the writers spoke about their street teams.

No man is an island as the one quote goes.

And yet, we are.  Can be.  

I'm of the mindset that most situations are 'both'.  Whereas a writer, part of your process might involve being an island onto yourself while at a different interval of the process there is value in something more. 

I remember one of the things someone said as an Indie writer that you're either paying someone to do something or spending your time doing it.  The latter provides the opportunity to learn, try things out at your own expense.  As an Indie author there are the multiple hats that can be involved if you're taking it on such as: writer, editor, manager, marketing, accounting, coordinator, assistant, etc... And some of the roles can bleed over or be rolled into something else.  Coordinator could be event planner for the book events at libraries or bookstores.  

Regardless, there are hats, there are roles and there is the opportunity to do it all.  Or find your team.

All this is to say, or rather get at stories.  I find I enjoy stories where someone finds their tribe.  The people that bring them closer to who they are.  And I've been thinking about stories like it on and off for some time now, but that I am also working on TGM and it's a story of that nature.

Anywho, I suppose it is time to get down to some writing on this Labor Day ^_^

Oye, I fell yesterday and skinned my knee and elbow a bit.  Felt like a kid.  Might post that tomorrow ::planning ahead::

No comments:

Post a Comment