Sunday, February 14, 2016

An eventful weekend thus far and Happy SAD!

Technically it's 2/14 which means it's Singlehood Awareness Day! 

Or Valentines Day for the locals ;)

Oye so on Friday I took the day off from work to hole up at BreadCo again.  Again I got in another 5k  ::does a mental happy dance::  I've begun to setup for the descent and have learned a couple things in writing it which have been cool (and quite helpful for when I revise). 

Then today, Saturday (well... yesterday), we did what is now week 3 of skating.  Before I report on the incident from there let me just say that I found myself getting my balance a bit better this week AND made it around the rink 7x.  Last week I went 3.  And my niece's mom pointed out that only a non-skater would count the amount of times they went around the rink.  But I need to have measured progress so I'm counting until it's more natural.  With that said on the last lap I took a pretty bad fall.  I feel correctly, meaning I landed on my butt but the momentum of the fall also caused my head to hit the floor too.  What happened?  Well one of the more experienced skaters was skating backwards and saw me a little too late and since I'm still learning, my control wasn't quite there to dodge the collision when I realized what was about to happen.  So of course I fell and he maintained.   And when I say my head hit the ground, IT HIT.  And it hurt.  Now... hours later I'm starting to feel soreness in one cheek of my butt and the left side of my neck/collarbone is hurting.  Did have a momentary headache earlier but it went away. 

Though I think I might be due for a migraine based on the Pepsi I had drank while writing at BreadCo. After the fall my nieces rushed over and wanted to hold my hand to finish out the last lap.  A couple guys helped me up once I seemed to  be with it again.  This week more of the family showed out for the learning skating session and we ate at Waffle House afterwards.  The niece had fun being able to hang out with her cousins.  Later she got her hair down and when I came to pick her up she told me today was the best day ever.  People... it's cliché but it's true - it really is about the little things and for kids simple things like this make all the difference.  Last Saturday she thought it was the best day ever too.  It was the first time she had Waffle House and really LOVED the waffle she got. 

While the niece was getting her hair done I had packed my laptop prepared to get in some writing before meeting up with a friend to see a movie.  And I did sneak in some writing before the movie started from our comfy theater seats.  That's right I wrote in the theater during the 20 minutes before the trailers started.  We were originally going to see "Deadpool" but it was sold out so we watched "How to Be Single" instead and both found it hilarious. 

And unrelated but had to share.  I'm so getting better with my budget.  I remember I used to go way over sometimes with the groceries even when I wrote out list and planned.  Today I only went over by 10 bucks!  And that was with no handwritten list.  I just worked it from my memory and was constantly asking myself what I think I can cook and what do I have at home now to work with.  So yay me.  Heck at one store where my budget was 50 I was under and had 11 cents to spare.  And I'd be worried I'd gone over there. 

At any rate I should be jetting off since it's laundry day plus I'd like to get in a bit more writing and/or reading before I pass out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment