Thursday, February 18, 2016

Writing Final-ish Scenes and "Deadpool"

So there are 11 days left in February and about another 15k outstanding in my current WIP.  Well something interesting happened last night.  After catching "Deadpool" with a friend once I got back in, I sat down to write and I actually did.  Which is odd because when I sit down to write I normally burn an hour doing others stuff I don't need to be doing.  I think there were several factors at play last night such as:
1. Being on a bit of an inspired kick after seeing "Deadpool" and the idea of breaking that fourth wall
2. Limited time, I knew I had to be up early today so I couldn't mess around and was trying to get to bed early asap
3. Scene in mind ... and sometimes that makes the difference, other times it doesn't but I'd been playing around with a scene in my head that actually didn't land as I thought it would

The scene not going as planned ended up causing me to actually go into what is the final-ish scene for "Back to Somewhere" which is at 45k now.  But there are still some loose ends so I'm thinking there will either be one more chapter then an epilogue or just one massive epilogue.  I'm also thinking if this ends up being at 50k rather than 60k I'm okay with that as well since I think I'll end up adding scenes during the revision.  As there were things that came up during the draft that I wanted to incorporate.

I always had a final line in mind for B2S but I haven't had the chance to write it in yet.  I'm hoping to capture in the next bits I add.  And fingers crossed I finish this weekend so I can treat myself to a comfy writing chair AND finish MD revisions. 

Btw, Deadpool was quite entertaining.  Definitely not for the little ones but worth viewing.  Especially see as it gave a bit of proverbial kick to the writerly brain.  Also we saw it at the Moolah theater on Weds night so the tix were only $5!  Good deal :)

I think I'm one movie away from accomplishing a goal for this year.  Off to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment