Sunday, January 1, 2017
The Official 2017 Resolution/Goal/Intention Post
This year my resolutions/goal feels more robust. And in some ways they are. This morning at service was the intention ceremony, this was my first time participating in one since I've only been coming to SEC since last summer. Before I left this morning I had rattled out some things mentally I wanted to be on my list and by the time I wrote them down it had grown. And even those that I wrote down and submitted into the prayer box has since grown to a few more things that I forgot.
There are some non specific/non measurable intentions such as: asking for guidance in reaching the final version of Montgomery's Diary (which to me includes allowing others to read it and being open to the ideas that come to me), loving more, laughing more, and in my head (since I forgot to write it down) - forgiving more. I also wrote down an intent to be at peace more in all matters. I'd say that was more of the important ones I've been striving with for the last two years.
In regards to my goals/resolutions, the things which are measurable, here is how that shaped out:
1. Completion of the third draft of "Montgomery's Diary"
2. Completion of the fourth draft of "Montgomery's Diary" (since I'm sure there will be one)
* I should note that in between 1-2 there's the task of BETA and revisions
3. Write the first draft of "Redemption"
4. Write 500 words per day
5. Blog once a week (going for an over 80% success rate)
6. Write 10 short stories
7. Complete read through of "The Three Year War"
8. Complete read through of "The Magician's Order"
9. Publish Montgomery's Diary [and provide/give copies to friends & coworkers]
10. Participate in retreat (preferably a writing one)
11. Swim in Thailand (here's to making a trip back to Thailand this year)
12. Travel to two new places
13. Read 45 books
14. Learn something new
15. Watch 20 films (of which 5 should be documentaries)
16. Complete a weekend writing challenge (15k)
17. Add 10k to an open project (i.e. Year Two, Justice, The Last Stop, Forever Young, etc...)
18. Save (pay yourself first) a minimum of $10 or 5% per pay period
19. Reduce debt - pay off 3 of the 8 store/credit cards (preferably Cap1 and WM)
20. Complete a house project (i.e. flooring for one room, garden for spring, organize office, etc)
So lastly one thing I had thought to put on here but decided not to make it one was "Daily deep breaths / find a moment of gratitude and be thankful for ..." I like to think that in my effort to blog more and write daily, especially with using my LJ that I will do this there. And typically whenever I stop to pause I try to remember to take a deep breath, relax, be still, and be present. Which is hard to do when you have so many things flying around in your head.
However that said I do believe I need to fold the last load of laundry, finish a scarf, and working on my daily 500. I'm hoping to use tomorrow to work on my "Dear 2016" letter.
Happy New Year!!!