Monday, January 8, 2018

A Week into Ze New Year - Progress Report

I've accomplished all my goals!!!!!

In real news it's been a productive first week.  I'm ahead of my word count (as far as where I should be if I want to hit 150k for the year) however I'm behind if my aim is to get to 60k for #TLS (for the month).  I got in a little over 2k in for the day so yay for that!

I'd like to have a big writing day (like maybe 5-10k) but I'm about to break from #TLS to work on some revision exercises for the TYW now.  My goal is to put 60 hours toward revision for it and so far I think I've only managed 3 :(  So I'm taking a break to make this update before I launch into reading and note taking.

Not too much going on.  I still haven't found a book that captures my interest.  I did recently pick Cinder back up.  I started reading it years ago and got to page 93 then stopped so I'm trying to give it another go.

So the task this week will involve getting myself into something, finding a book that holds my attention.  I'm also hoping to report next week to be at or near 25k with #TLS and at 15 hours of work toward the TYW.

Speaking of the TYW I'm positive once I finish the second draft I'll shop it around for feedback but I'll likely need to revise my timeline for when I'll push it.  Trying for an April release might not be feasible.  August has come to mind or possibly Fall (maybe October or November).  Still noodling on that.

One thing I'll need whenever I do get to revise #TLS is a blank notebook to sort out all these character's and POVs.  I'm giving my self freedom to go with whatever my mind is coming up with and it's' been interesting thus far.  I started the day by capturing a few tidbits about #TLS like a log line, character(s) I like; what I envision the ending to be, location, and my beginning.  Right now #TLS is the first novel I've ever written in no chronological order intentionally.  The POV shifts as well as the scene and the associated timing, it's all over the place.

At any rate I suppose I'll wrap this up.  I did have two vivid dreams last night, one I figured was in relation to #TLS and the other involved my GA peach.  I wrote them both down but thinking about the dream, about her does make me a bit sad in the fact that there was some awareness in the dream that the moment I was having with her was limited and I needed to take advantage of the fact that she was there.

Okay I'se done.  LOL, I also hope to report back on a planned Float I have this Wednesday too ^_^

2/52

3 comments:

  1. High five for finishing all of your goals! That's amazing!Hopefully you can keep up the momentum for the rest of the year.

    Sorry that the dream made you a bit sad. Still, it would have been a nice dream even if your time was limited.

    Looking forward to hearing more about your successes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I was joking about the goals. I did hit my goal yesterday as far as writing goes.

    But here’s to a productive year 🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Oh I thought you had accomplished the goals you had set out to for the week! Never mind. You're still doing well.

      Delete