Monday, January 1, 2018

The Official 2018 Goals/Intetions Post

I feel like I need to include "official" in there now :)

So before I get started with my writing goals for today, planning to do at least 2k toward #TLS or Year Two and then about 30-60 on revisions for Three Year War I wanted to jot down some goals/intents for this year.

Last year I wrote down a lot (in the hopes of giving myself the ability to accomplish them).  This year I want to bring it down a bit. 

For 2018...

1.  Complete the revision of "The Three Year War"
2.  Self Publish another project
3.  Write the first draft of "#TheLastStop"
4.  Write 150k (or more) for the year
5.  Blog once a week (going for an over 80% success rate)... trying this one again
6.  Write 6 short stories
7.  Complete read through of "The Magician's Order" ... trying this one again as well
8.  Travel to three new places
9.  Read 25 books
11.  Reduce debt - Pay off 2 loans or store/credit cards
12.  "Just Because" act of kindness each month
13.  Put 3k into Savings (and not touch it)
14.  Complete a house project (i.e. flooring for one room, garden for spring, organize office, etc) .. rolling this one over too since there's a lot to do still, lol
15.  Once a week health focus (ex: Ensuring I go for half hour walk; 3-5 servings of fruits/veggies; 5-10 minute mindful meditation)

And I'm off to get in some writing so I can resume my New Girl s6 binge ^_^

4 comments:

  1. You always make really great goal posts! And all the goals are completely doable. Meanwhile, I'm writing all kinds of outlandish things that will never really come to fruition. I hope your number 14 ends up being a garden :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I've learned from previous year the 'what not to do in creating goals'. I hope the garden is one this year too. I really want to grow some of my own herbs and veggies.

      How many goals have you set for yourself? Are you still thinking of self publishing a lot of your projects this year?

      Delete
    2. I don't think I've very good at learning from my mistakes because my goals continue to be completely unattainable. I am reading through all kinds of blog posts and books about how to take care of yourself and also plan for a more sustainable career. So I'll need to do that before I decide what benchmarks to set for myself this year.

      A garden would be so rewarding. It's the best feeling being able to pick, cook and eat something you've grown yourself.

      Delete
    3. Yes, most definitely figuring out how to take care of oneself is important. I think the fact you are doing the 'habit' for GYWO will really benefit you. So you get that 'feel good' of being productive but not overkill.

      Another thing that might help is keeping certain goals for yourself. I think sometimes when we put out too much it's another weight of pressure. Lol though feeling some pressure is unavoidable.

      Delete