Saturday, January 20, 2018

Late Week 3 Post

This won’t be an incredibly long post but I didn’t want to break my chain of weekly updates thus far.

I’m still making steady progress with #TLS and I want to say a couple things emerged this week while writing however rather than give those things away I instead want to relay a hack I tried out this week in regard to my writing.

It’s nothing new by any means but it’s a trick I haven’t tried using until this week.  I had worked late on the 18th and by the time I got in and got everything in order there wasn’t much time to write.  Plus there were potatoes I needed to peel.  This was about 11 ish at night.  So the idea struck me to peel potatoes AND work on #TLS by using my Voice Memo feature on the phone.

I’d use this before while driving to quickly jot down a story idea but that was about it.  Well for about 16 minutes I peeled potatoes and talked, writing out a scene via memo.

So how many words can one speak into existence in 16 minutes?  I had guesstimated about 800 but then I remembered there were times when I lost my train of thought or gaps in time when I thought I’d just stopped talking.  And while there were moments such as those, at the end of the day I guessed MAYBE I’d managed 500 words in those 16 minutes.

Turns out it was closer to 1500.  Granted as I transferred those words to my document (which took me an hour to do because I didn’t talk as slow as I thought I was) and I did as to it as I wrote but most of the words came from that 16 minutes of audio.  So while it was an effective way of multitasking, it still took me about an hour to transfer it but still not bad and something I’ll definitely do again.

In other news I had my second float this week.  I’m thinking I’ll do it again this week but it’s so odd. I start off just hating the stillness of it all and asking myself why did I do this, I just want to go but at some point I eventually relax into it and come away thankful for that quiet moment.  However during this week’s float as I did really sink into there were a couple times my body just jolted.  And I had this idea it was probably because someone had probably texted/called me.  Sure enough I checked my phone after I was out the tank to see I did receive a call.  I think it disrupted the spiritual calm, lol.

Well I’m off to try to get caught up with #TLS.  Have a challenge with a friend and we’re both behind but right now they are doing better than me with the ‘catch up this weekend’ goal.

I’se out

3/52

No comments:

Post a Comment