Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Pushing Onward

I call myself about to work on #TLS when I realized my latest draft is saved on my work computer and I didn't send it to myself like I usually do after a writing session (which was this past Saturday)... an hour or so later I'm back on my regular laptop because in trying to send my WIP to my email address I started playing around with my phone which I intentionally charged in another room.

And now the waning bit of energy I had is gone.  I just want to enjoy my last couple bites of brownie and my flaxmilk then head to bed -_-

But I'm going to try to fight through it and try to get out about 500 words *fingers crossed*

Not too much going on other than I'm behind and at this point I may have to make another project call come 2/28 based on where I'm at versus where I wanted to be.

I had another idea for a short story... I need to try to get one out this month as well.  The working titles for the short stories are "The Clock Maker" and "Odd 'Scripts".  I hope to make the latter more comedic.

Speaking of comedic as I've worked on a #TLS I've continually asked myself is what I want from this and mostly how is it different.  I know, in my heart of hearts, I want #TLS to be a look at humanity and what it looks like as it changes/one loses their own but I've asked myself what hasn't been done in this genre?   Dinosaurs.  That's right.  There are dinosaurs in #TLS ... sort of.  If dinosaurs are a metaphor for old things, old ideas, things that should be extinct then yes there are dinosaurs!!!!

/late night randomness

That aside I did see Black Panther on Sunday with the family.  And a couple things
1.  I noticed the villain Erik Killmonger had the same name as a character in #TLS (minus the last name)... seeing him made me wonder about my Erik's plight as he starts off decent.  Still TBD how his story will go.
2.  Again I found myself asking the question that I think may be at the heart of #TLS, one that mankind or any genius discovery has come across of rather sharing something with world or keeping it hidden in fear of the possible abuse of it...?  And with one of my characters I believe this is an idea she struggles with when she creates *something*

Okay, I'm done.  This should count toward writing.  The morning shower and thinking about #TLS should count too.

Off to write.  Here's to progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment