Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Seeking Inspiration

I'm still in a bit of a rut when it comes to any head way with working on #TLS or with the TYW.

Been blaming most of my lack of progress on shark week -_-  But I haven't given up on trying to accomplish my goals for the month.  Here's to hoping this funk or whatnot passes.

I doubt very much I'll get any words in tonight... re-watching "The Wind Rises" because there was something about the movie that moved me and thus the purpose of ze entry.  I haven't been reading as much, mostly because there is also some mental hang up with books as well.  It's like there part of me that's got one foot out the door with just about everything.

At any rate sometimes as writers there's this expectation that reading a lot will help with developing your craft.  And I don't argue against that but I also think other medium's can do the same.  Recently I watched "Me, Earl, and the Dying Girl" which was sad but entertaining.

I also watched "The Girl w/ All the Gifts" expecting to get something from it since it involved zombies and #TLS is a zombie novel.  I suppose in some aspects I did but of all three films the most thought provoking question that got my mind spinning was "The Wind Rises" and it was it that made me think of my #TLS characters specifically Vin and trying to get back to her plight.  Also I definitely cried watching "The Wind Rises" and I'm tearing up now as I re-watch it.

Part of what happened in #TLS is that I got stuck in introducing a character who I feel shapes some of what happens in the novel (from a backstory perspective) but their story isn't necessary to Vin's decision... or maybe it is.  I don't know.  It feels like a case of over thinking but not having enough well thought out plans.

::sigh::

Well in other news attended a mixer last week and saw the last 50SOG film with a friend as part of a lady date.  I didn't float last week and I didn't make it to the weekly write in either (didn't make it yesterday either).  I did spend some time with the niece and we went bowling which was good but she noted I seemed sad.  I also booked a PwaT event in early March with my other niece.  Will hopefully post pics of the last one at some point.

Other than trying to write this week and possibly seeing Black Panther nothing too much going on.

And now that the chicken pot pie is done I'll probably start wrapping up to get ready for bed.

I'se out ^_^

7/52 wk update

No comments:

Post a Comment