Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Three Good Things 7/21/15

So I think whenever I don't have a legit post or short story to post I'll just do filler. 

Filler = posting something random.

Posting something random = three good things that happened today.

Posting something random = other random things.

Three Good Things:
1.  I had a writing prompt yesterday that I started and couldn't get anywhere but then this morning while riding the bus a story started filling in and I realized it was the back story for one of my character in a novel I have yet to write.  So before I cracked open my bus book I started writing with NPR playing in the background and fought the sleepiness.  Now I just need to type it and finish up the story now that I've figured it out.

2.  GinH - pronounced sort of like Gina (aka Dawn).  Very interesting person I met while waiting on this evening (I actually missed two busses).  At any rate we had just a very open conversation about escaping Missouri (Misery), her transition (from MtF) and the insecurities with it, jobs, and just other stuff.  Also it's been awhile since I've had someone ask me if I were mixed or my heritage/ethnic profile but she complimented my eyes.  What can I say, I like random compliments :)

3.  Car fixed!  Realizing that the other two things would never have occurred if my car was working doesn't escape me.  I actually like PT because I get to people watch or just let someone else do the driving for me so I can read during that time, nap, write, or allow my mind to drift.  However it's not so fun shuffling heavy grocery bags (like I had to yesterday) or attempting to do the accumulation of laundry for 4 people.  Plus I've been getting to work earlier just because I have to rely on PT. 

I really need to work on TYW or write up this short story but I'm soooo sleepy.  Also it looks like there might be a counter offer for the house I'm looking at.  Will hopefully find out more tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. When public transport works properly it can be so great because when you're tired you get to just sit there and relax. It's just that when there are delays it can be a complete nightmare! Yay for the car being fixed though! And fingers crossed about the house you're looking at!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The car was fixed for about a day before it went out again and I got stranded momentarily BUT it's all good now. I still fear losing my access to PT with this house but hoping for the best and that things will work out in the end.

      Delete