Wednesday, July 29, 2015

52 Week Update / Short Story Challenge - July 29 ... And randomness

I had intended to post a new short story tonight.  Figuring that tonight I would have time to do something I wanted (like read a book or write) since Monday night I was tied up with the house inspection and last night I was tied up at the laundry mat.  I even bought food thinking I'd buy myself time versus experimenting with new dishes like I did on Mon and Tues.  But nope.  I snuck in a few pages of reading before hearing my name called out for one thing, then another thing, then another thing and oh, it's Wednesday so need to do the meds again, still need to do the dishes/clean and get to bed at a decent time so I can wake up and do it all over again. 

At any rate I'm still behind.  According to this site it's week 31.  I'm definitely cranking out some short stories (5 so far this month and 2 in the works) but I still need to catch up.  Typically there are 52 weeks in a year but apparently in 2015 there are actually 53.  Just dropped a random fact ^_^ But I guess this also means I'll have 53 short stories when it's all said and done?  Or maybe a free week once I get myself back on track? 

Who knows but here's what been posted to date-

Week 1 (1/1 - 1/7) - Ned Finally Died (a story spurred by NPR)
Week 2 (1/8 - 1/14) - LLFH:  Broken Things (side story for another project)
Week 3 (1/15 - 1/21) - The Confession (office crushes)
Week 4 (1/22 - 1/28) - The Garden:  OTTM Side Story (side story brought to you by The Order)
Week 5 (1/29 - 2/4) - Haunters Anon (Haunters Anonymous, 'nuff said)
Week 6 (2/5 - 2/11) - Polluted (posted 3/19) ... (teens doing teen conjuring things)
Week 7 (2/12 - 2/18) - The Job: A Justice for First Wives Side Story (posted 3/22) ... (mistress novel)
Week 8 (2/19 - 2/25) - Serial Beauty: Lucky #11 (posted 3/23) ... (serial killer artist)
Week 9 (2/26 - 3/4) - Doctor P (posted 7/15) (day in the life of a poop doctor)
Week 10 (3/5 - 3/11) -  Clifford's Baby (posted 7/16)... (Clifford and his stolen baby)
Week 11 (3/12 - 3/18) - A Bot Love (posted 7/18)... (Nerd love connection)
Week 12 (3/19 - 3/25) - Hangover (posted 7/19)... (Drunk love connection)
Week 13 (3/26 - 4/1) - Secrets (posted 7/27)... (talking secrets over frozen coffee)
Week 14 (coming soon to a blog near year) -
Week 15 (please stand by for the feature) -
Week 16 (it's still being conjured) -
Week 17 (just playing the field for now) -
Week 18 (just not into the blog thing) -
Week 19 (wants to commit but hates the idea of being 'committed'; not a fan of labels) -
Week 20 (what?!  there are 20?) -

So technically I got to write tonight.  I'm counting this blog entry darnit.  I did some writing.  Still need to do writing for nano though :(  Another 2k ish before I hit my 10k writing goal for this month.  Hopefully these next 2 shorts stories will get me there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment