Sunday, July 19, 2015

I was sleep... 52 Week Update / Short Story Challenge

Sometimes I feel like I have three kids.  Not fun.  And tonight I thought I was going to have a good sleep.  The niece is away.  I'd completed another short story, speaking of which I need to figure out to how to recover the ones I started on my smashed in laptop -_- but I digress, and was about to do a bit of reading.  Instead I dozed off for what must have been an hour or two before being awakened.  And I was cranky.  It's one thing when I intend to cat nap and I can go down for as little as 15 min to about an hour and be legit.  So now I'm wide awake and trying to do something productive until I pass out again. 

I thought I would possibly blog about movies I caught this weekend plus give a house update but my car crapped out of me.  I did see Pitch Perfect 2 and Terminator Genesis last weekend which weren't too bad.  But Terminator was just heavy early on and predictable, for me at least, with one plot item that I saw coming from jump.  

As far as the house situation goes.  A few weeks back, I think on June 25th ish or so I submitted an offer for the a house out in Hazelwood.  Since (1) I was tired of looking (2) it had the handicap accessible things I needed for the grandparents (3) it near the major highway and (4) it had a pool :) 

I still need to look into pool maintenance since that would mostly be for me.  At any rate, long story short there were a lot of issues with the house and the owners, since my REA missed the deadline to ask for any fixes (and instead submitted docs to extend it), the owners denied the extension request and said either accept the house 'as is' or they were backing out of the contract. So as of Wednesday I am no longer under contract and sort of back to square one BUT my REA found some others homes and I checked a few of them out today.  All in all it didn't come out too bad but I did have to come out of pocket for the inspection which isn't cheap.  The only good thing about that is the inspector offered to wave the fee if I found another house. 

And if that doesn't work out, well, I'm going to fall on renting.  Speaking of I need to email my landlord. 

Lastly, my short stories...  Suffice to say I'se behind but feeling like I'm going to do the work from here on out.  So I am putting the pressure on  myself to catch up. 

To recap I'm doing the following challenge >>>> See post he-ah

And here's where I'm at as far as short stories for the year.  I'm *attempting* to do at least one a day to get caught up to being on Week 29. 

Week 1 (1/1 - 1/7) - Ned Finally Died
Week 2 (1/8 - 1/14) - LLFH:  Broken Things
Week 3 (1/15 - 1/21) - The Confession
Week 4 (1/22 - 1/28) - The Garden:  OTTM Side Story
Week 5 (1/29 - 2/4) - Haunters Anon
Week 6 (2/5 - 2/11) - Polluted (posted 3/19)
Week 7 (2/12 - 2/18) - The Job: A Justice for First Wives Side Story (posted 3/22)
Week 8 (2/19 - 2/25) - Serial Beauty: Lucky #11 (posted 3/23)
Week 9 (2/26 - 3/4) - Doctor P (posted 7/15)
Week 10 (3/5 - 3/11) -  Clifford's Baby (posted 7/16)
Week 11 (3/12 - 3/18) - A Bot Love (posted 7/18)
Week 12 (3/19 - 3/25) -
Week 13 (3/26 - 4/1) -
Week 14 ( ) -
Week 15 ( ) -
Week 16 ( ) -
Week 17 ( ) -
Week 18 ( ) -
Week 19 ( ) -
Week 20 ( ) -

No comments:

Post a Comment