Friday, January 2, 2015

52 weeks / 52 short stories Challenge

Even though I've written several full length novels and short stories I like the idea of this challenge.

http://www.openculture.com/2012/04/ray_bradbury_gives_12_pieces_of_writing_advice_to_young_authors_2001.html

So I'm tacking this onto the third tier of resolutions thus having it as a goal but not a major one. 

To reiterate my resolutions are shaping out as:

Primary:
1.  Final Draft of a project (MD, TYW, or OTTM)

Secondary:
2.  Read 36 books (3 books / per month goal)
3. Create 1 piece of art
4. Write 100 words per day
5. Travel to a new city

Tertiary:
6. Take a language course
7. Take a dance class (preferably tap)
8. Practice on my piano (4 hr/month)
9. Learn more about music production/book some studio time at the library
10. Take and complete some new online courses (minimum 2)
11. Participate in a marathon
12. Workout twice a week
13. 52 Short Stories Challenge

I almost feel like I should just go up to 15.  I know another resolution I have that I haven't voiced is to update this blog everyday.  We'll see how that goes. 

2 comments:

  1. If there's one thing I am utterly terrible at it's writing short stories. I don't know why but they're just not good. I'm reading Roald Dahl's biography though so maybe I'll pick up the rest of his books and see if I can imitate him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah short stories are not easy. I like the length but trying to concentrate a story into one is definitely a challenge for the mind.

      Delete