Thursday, January 8, 2015

That Feeling Of...

Bleh because it doesn't stop. 

I will say this is the first evening (from the last couple days) that I didn't reach for the nasal decongestant when I got in AND I didn't have to stop at the grocery store even though I was tempted to try to do a taco night.  But I just kept thinking of the cost of buying everything.  Even when my mind went 'well, just use the tilapia and make fish tacos'.

Then there was the whole 'I really don't feel like cooking tonight'.  Work was heavy with meetings and task and things I couldn't get to today and pressure and head just wanting to explode from all the crap in it.  If it were only me to eat I'd be content in yesterday leftovers but I knew mi madres probably wanted me to cook as did my niece.  So I nibbled on something, let the fish unthaw and went to work on preparing the fish two ways and letting my niece help with the insta 'taters and green beans.

Typically Thursday night is the one night where I'll get take out as sort of a reward to myself for surviving the work week thus far PLUS it's the one day of the week where I sit down to actually watch tv.  However everything is still on break and I'm really try to make a better effort at budgeting again.  It can be difficult when you're not just taking care of yourself. 

Last night after dinner we worked on my nieces book "The Caterpillar and the Butterfly" which I'm sure I misspelled caterpillar (forgot the first 'r' in each instance).  Of course today she corrected me about the title.  I knew I got it wrong last night but it seemed every time she repeated she said it differently.  So we whipped out my sketchbook and I drew her some storybook like large panels, per page, with a bit of space at the bottom for text.  I had her tell me the story and she later went back to illustrate it.  She did a pretty good job so now I just need to bind it up for her so she can show everyone her first book ^_^

Also I nearly had a moment earlier when it appeared my internet wasn't connecting on my laptop and I thought I might actually not be able to post tonight.  I figured I could at the very least still write the entry in Word and then post it once I got it back up but I'd still be breaking the chain :-(  It's bound to happen so I need to figure a back up method or just accept that someday the forces that may be might just say 'not today chica'. 

Okay, maybe I might reach for that spray.  And some pain pills.

I still need to work on my writing timeline for projects since at the moment I'm not working on any of my completed drafts.  I'm at least doing work on this potential new project and mostly its because I really like using it to hit my daily 100, also both the leads fascinate me.  And must make time to read.  READDDDD.

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me. Sick and still taking care of other people I am such a whiner. This is why I don't think I could have my own kids. I have a couple of completed drafts as well that I'm still working out a timeline for. A realistic timeline not just something like "publish this year."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the key 'realistic timeline'. I have this problem too even when I do space things out. I learn more about the type of writer I am the more time passes. So ensuring it's 'realistic' will be in the back of my as I figure out my timeline.

      Delete