Friday, January 16, 2015

That Friday Feeling...

There's nothing like it.  It's that knowledge of knowing that it's you and 2 days between when you have to be back at work.  Not like Saturday when you start working out the hours of one more day to sleep in late m and definitely NOT Sunday when you're stomach is just churning with knowing it'll be Monday. 

Monday sucks.

But this Monday is a holiday.  And so this Friday is a little extra special because there are 3 days between you and when you need to be back into work.  Next Friday is a release night too which means I'll be WFH but also I have to log onto the computer Friday evening at 6:30pm and potentially make myself available on Saturday but I need to confirm the latter.

Work was crazy busy today.  I got a new project and have another new project coming up on Wednesday.  Currently I have about 8 projects I'm responsible for whereas my seasoned coworker is holding down the fort with like 20-30 projects to manage and some are quite complex.  Not to say there aren't a few of the ones I'm managing that have their challenges but it's a lot. 

And now, the new person that had started in December made today her last day.  She wasn't happy with the role and due to some other things just decided to call her firm and let them know that she wouldn't try to last until March (which is the end date for most of us contractors).  It sucks because I liked her and she had lasted longer than the guy who started back when I did (back in October).  She'd been trying to hint it to me too and finally just let me know today was it.  It's sort of a running joke on the team about leaving/quitting so when she would say something I just figured it was part of that.  But nope, she apparently had her foot out the door and when she made the decision a huge weight was lifted off her.  The migraine she'd been having left.  And she felt like herself again.

I know what that is like.  So I completely understood but I'm sad and just... there's a lot to this job.  A lot of tedious work and a lot of projects to manage.  There really does need to be about 4 people in this role but now it's back to two since the guy who trained me started his new job on Monday.  And the seasoned co-worker has one foot out the door too (she's had several interviews).  So then it feels like it may fall on me should I continue the application process. 

Speaking of that, that's one of the outstanding items I still need to complete.  So updated To Do list for the 3 day weekend:

 - Put away laundry (from NYE)
- Wash/Laundry
 - Finish a book
- Complete Week 3 SS (per 52 week/SS challenge)
- Mya homework
 - Complete skill questionnaire (send by 1/16)
- Create/send second list of jobs
 - Clean off desk
 - Update budget ss
- Revise project list timeline
- Work on MD revision
 - Twist hair
- Write pod idea/script for studio (by 1/13)
- Grocery shop/cook for GA

Okay time to make that daily 100 quota. 

No comments:

Post a Comment