Thursday, January 1, 2015

2015 Resolutions

At some point I need to review which of the 2014 resolutions I completed because I did get through some, but definitely not all. 

For this year I'm keeping it simple.  My one true resolution for this year will be- and by not completing this resolution will be absolutely earth shattering- to get one novel in final draft form.  I think I have an idea which novel it'll be but there are two projects I'm working on simultaneously hoping it'll be the 'one'. 

So my new year resolution will be to get either

1.  MD in final draft form
OR
1. TYW in final draft form
OR
1. OTTM Book 1 in final draft form

Besides breathing, living, being a good daughter, aunt, niece, friend, etc to those important people in my life I will be hard at work on these.

But I'm me and so it will not be my only resolution but these, that follows, will be secondary resolutions that unlike the above will not shatter the earth.  Sooooo....

2.  Read 36 books (3 books / per month goal)
3. Create 1 piece of art
4. Write 100 words per day
5. Travel to a new city

There are other things I'd like to do for the year like take a language course, take a dance class (preferably tap), practice on my piano (4 hr/month), learn more about music production, book some studio time at the library, take and complete some new online courses, participate in a marathon, workout twice a week, and maybe some other random things.  I'll guess I'll post about those things as they become relevant but mostly I've identified the ONE important thing. 

I have other writing projects I'd like to touch this year like WL, FG, FY, and the Zombie novel but I have not put those on the hit list because what's important for me to accomplish this year involves seeing through one.  Just one. 

I can do this. 

4 comments:

  1. You ca definitely do this! Good luck and I will be cheering you on as I try to complete my own resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lan :) I forgot to ask, what are your resolutions?

      Delete
    2. Mine are so huge and generalistic. I think I wrote down: Exercise, publish 4 books and be debt free. Easier said than done!

      Delete
    3. I like the idea of adding that as an item. #14 Remove a debt

      Delete