Sunday, January 25, 2015

Ransomeware, Brain Matter, and an oddly productive Sunday

It's like the moment I gave myself permission to slack.  I woke up this morning used up the last of the pancake batter, was going to make a fresh batch but I was out of eggs, washed dishes, organized the bookshelf in my room and in the living room, cleaned off my chest and reorganized it, put away my clothes.  I can actually get to my boxed manga now.  So I'm tempted to do inventory of it but I'll probably wait to do that next weekend or later tonight. 

Now I'm going to work on this before I head out.  I'm 25 days strong updating this blog... almost a month.  Woo!  At any rate I'm going to try to head out soon to do a bit of grocery shopping since I'm out of milk and eggs.  I'll probably make the payment for my state balance later today but won't be able to make my car note until tomorrow (bank's closed now). 

I would still like to work on my short stories tonight.  So if I finish those and make notes from the study I will surpass my target of completing at least five items posted on my list.

To Do list this weekend:
- Finish Week 3 SS
- Finish Week 4 SS

- Revise one chapter of MD
- Read a chapter of TYW
- Finish f/up communications
- Revised project timeline
- Finish a book
- Schedule recording time
- Complete L1 of Security Course
- Hang clothes
- Organize room bookshelf

- Manga Inventory
- Listen/post about NPR story
- Research brain/blood (?) protective matter / Alzheimer's study

- Update budget SS for Jan/Feb
- Pay car note and state balance

 So earlier this week on the DR show they spoke about Ransomeware and I remembered I'd heard about it from Lan last year.  I found the story interesting and figured I'd post it here.

There was also another show that I heard last night involving a new Alzheimer's study.  I have an interest in science, more specifically the human brain and I think some of it stems from my own fear of perhaps not recognizing a loved one or if I ever stop being the person people know me as.  So listening to this story made me think "I really want to do more in this area...".  There are so many things that interest me.  At any rate here's a link to the story about the Alzheimer's Study.  I think I'll eventually make more time to check out books about the brain.  I have a few on my GR list but I just haven't made time to read them. 

 Okay... off to run a couple errands. 

Random Picture of the Day - My attempt to do steam punk-ish cookies as part of the 2012 cookie exchange at work turned into something quite colorful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment