Wednesday, January 7, 2015

That Moment When...

You hesitate to respond to an email because they've used your full name (first and last, not middle because that would be a definite indication of spam).  But part of me thinks it might've been due to differences in culture and technically they were responding to something I posted -_-  I think I will respond back.

At any rate, I've had to go somewhere everyday this week as soon as I've gotten off work.  My niece definitely eats.  I think the day before yesterday she called me about orange juice and milk.  Then today she called for more milk and OJ.  But I was pretty sure I didn't need milk however the OJ I could see since my mother drinks it whenever her blood sugar drops.  And I only buy half gallons of each since me and my mother probably go through milk once every 3-4 weeks and juice every 1-1.5 weeks.

I had another thing scheduled this evening but it's been delayed for next week.  Since my niece will be back in school next week I won't feel so guilty about setting up things in the evening.  Like studio time in the recording room next Wednesday from 5-7pm!  So I'm thinking I'll try to utilize the time to understand some of the tools for recording and if time due a brief recording for a potential podcast blog entry next week.  Stay tuned!  And hopefully my voice will be back.  Granted it won't matter since listening to myself is weird -_-

I also need to treat me and my mom to a movie.  I haven't had the chance to take her out so hopefully one of these evenings (maybe Sunday or Tuesday).  Honestly there isn't much I want to see.  Just like my taste for books, my interest in movies has declined.  I think I'm growing more and more particular about how I spend my time (or how I waste it).  Because there are definitely some non-productive ways one can delightfully waste their time doing like - the internetz, sleeping, daydreaming, looking up vacations you can't afford, re-reading books, watching tv, dancing around the clutter of your room, and did I mention daydreaming?  Oh and facebook, but I  proactively try to avoid wasting time on there. 

I suppose if I'm to get in my daily 100 I better wrap this up.  I've been focusing on a possibly new project and sort of doing a character profile each day to achieve my goal of 100.  Right now I'm working on my male lead.  Initially I heard the female's voice first but I've been writing about him these last few days.  Hopefully this little bit of time I spend each day in this world will equate to a novel sometime this year.  I may use tomorrow's post to take a deeper look at projects and maybe create a high level plan of attack for getting at least one new first draft completed this year.  Mmm, must think on this.

And lastly, checked in on Myfitnesspal, since I'm supposed to try to weight in weekly but sometimes I forget or if I do, I forget to log it but I've lost 6.5 lbs since 11/29, woo hoo!  Though I have to continue to be proactive in my health/decision making.  And I'm pretty sure I'm going to cancel my club fitness membership.  I've had it less than a month but eh, I just don't like it.  Nor do I like paying for something if I'm not very actively using it. I'm not up for being one of these people that pay for a memberships and don't' use it so I'll be canceling it tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. I'm picturing that episode of friends where Ross tries to cancel his gym membership and can't because the receptionist is so attractive! Don't get sucked in the same way!!

    I haven't seen a good movie in the longest time either. Might go and see the Hobbit tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get the chance to cancel tonight. They make it so you can freeze your account online but you have to send a request via snail mail to cancel your membership which seems ridiculous. So I'll work on it tomorrow when I can talk to someone on the phone.

      Hope the Hobbit is good. I'm hoping to see it at some point. Let me know your thoughts on it.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about movies. I now only really see movies in theaters if they're musicals, based on books I love, or something I'm seeing with someone who wants to see it just to tag along for fun! Doesn't lead to seeing many per year anymore, but it's better than movie disappointment, which makes me deeply sad.

    Hopefully you get a bit of a break from all the hectic of late! Let us know how the recording works out, that sounds fascinating. I myself think I sound bizarre recorded, but I love reading aloud, so I kinda wish to be an audiobook person. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the based on books I love are movies I'll watch but even then I don't make the effort to go and see them as much. I've been mostly waiting for them to hit at the library before I see them.

      LOL, I'm kind of excited about the recording session. I really do want to work on doing podcast, poetry, or maybe reading one of my short stories, etc. I'll definitely be posting so y'all can check it out.

      Delete