Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Dream About a Story

Disclaimer:  This is a post.  This is a post that was written on … [date can't be disclosed] … … But is being posted today.  Why is it only being posted today?  Because the author is unavailable and desperately trying to maintain her daily posting streak at the cost of … forced authenticity?  Accountability? She's not really sure.  She just wanted you to know that while this is posted today these words were likely written days ago if not weeks, months, blah blah blah....

I like when I have dreams that are like THIS, THIS DENISE, THIS IS THE ANSWER TO [insert random project].

This occurred last night/early in the morning since it was right before I woke up and darnit.  I wish I'd written it down.  I just know it was a matter of me telling myself/recognizing what was happening in the story was the origins or history of how things came to be in my novel FY.  This is one of the stories that isn't done.  Where I started the draft and got about 10-15k into the story and abandoned ship.  I have less than five novels in this stage.  I'm hoping to bring this number down.

A few times I've thought I was ready to pick FY back up.  Like I'd see something on the news that make me think about the side arcs or other observations that tied into the overall theme.  I've even had it as a goal in years past to work on it but it's never happened.  And now I have this dream, that I barely sort of remember now, but hearing dream me saying "Hey, this is the origins, their story is how this all came to be..."  and not to long after that dream me is talking to someone telling them how I have to get ready to babysit.  I wake up after that and no sooner than I do, that I get the text from my sister saying she's on her way to drop off the kids.

Going to try to spend a few minutes trying to write out what I remember.  Here's to hoping that maybe I might make FY my project for September perhaps...

Also FY does not/is not Fushigi Yuugi, lol.  I realize my code for that particular story could be equated to that for anyone familiar with that manga/anime.

No comments:

Post a Comment