Sunday, March 10, 2019

On the eve of another year 'round the world

I've done a lot in this my 33rd year.

There are the big things I can think of like:
- Hamilton in April
- Cancun in May
- Dream class in August
- Piano, Tap, Writing courses through the community college in the Fall
- Finishing first draft of #TLS
- Finishing the first draft of TYWL
- Finishing the first draft of a screenplay

And the things that seem small, tiny decisions here and there as it related to my own happiness or sanity.  Rather that meant stepping away from people or things that worked against my well being.

I've put myself out there more.  Even as part of me wants to pull back and bottle up especially when it came to writing groups, sharing my work, or even dating for that matter.

I have worked, continue to work into moving into me and who that is.

So tonight as I listen to "Red Shoes" on repeat and just finished watching "Dumplin" I've really got the Dolly Parton quote really in my head as I reflect on my last year.

'Find out who you are and do it on purpose...'

I think, even as I have my moments of just random anxiety and fear, part of me is doing this.  Part of me is fighting for this, getting closer to who that person is.  The more I stand up for what feels right for me, the more I validate myself,  The more I'm able to be my authentic me if that makes sense.

As I look to another year I just plan on keep working on being me.  Tinkering away at building up my confidence and being comfortable with who I am, being around people that are supportive, and work on the dream. I have things I'm hoping to see for myself and hoping that on the eve of my 35th birthday I can reflect on continued progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment