Monday, January 11, 2016

5 Things - Jan 11th

So RIP David Bowie.  I can't say I was an uber fan but I was familiar with some of his songs and what I'll remember about was my childhood crush on him from Labryinth and how amazed I was of him and Iman as a couple.  I was fascinated by interracial couples at a young age.  At any rate I spent a lot of today reading articles and listening to song faves showing on my timeline.

Anywho five things I'm grateful for-

1.  This TEDtalk - Living a life of purpose
2.  David Bowie - More than an artist, actor, gendor bending theatrical persona there was the outspoken person to & the time he challenged MTV
3.  Completing a chapter of revision early in the morning ^_^
4.  Random 10 minute simple exercises/stretches with the niece and grandma / also playing with a toy slingshot as part of her therapy (my ingenious way of getting her to exercise that right arm)
5.  Leftovers ^_^ (nice to be able to come home, no detours AND have food that just requires reheating versus staring at the fridge trying to make something)
6.  Going to add one more and say it's nice to have some form of a writing community, even if it's online its nice to have a base set of writer friends to bounce ideas off of and just commiserate over various writing hiccups. 


Okay so hopefully tomorrow I'll get to work on the new short story or possibly post another snippet of MD. 

1 comment:

  1. Aren't leftovers the best thing in the world? Sometimes I really couldn't live without them. I've never actually seen Labyrinth and I don't know any David Bowie songs but he seems to have touched so many lives that it's sad hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete