Thursday, January 14, 2016

Another MD Snippet

I was going to do a late combined 5 things for both the 12th and 13th (which is still today in my head but really it's the 14th now).  However I probably should be heading to bed soon to try to be up by 6.  Had a bit of drama the last couple days and just stress from both the work end as well as family.  So just doing my best. 

At any rate some good things that did come out the last couple days was getting my car insurance squared away with help of my rep, routine exercises with my grandma, tried out a new dish today (one pan bake) and it came out GREAT!  Also I haven't really spent any money this week with the leftovers and such.  It's been nice just eating my home cooked food and saving money.

At any rate played powerball tonight *fingers crossed* and I'm still stewing on the short story which I'm "The Bite" for now. 

MD Snippet #2


                “It’s okay, we remember for you so you don’t have to.”

                “But I want to, for myself I mean.”

                “May I have the mag-”

                “Alicia.”

                “Thank you.  I received a call earlier in the week.  Seems like you’ve been under a bit more stress lately, is it because of the anniversary?”

                “Yes.”

                “You shouldn’t be so hard on yourself.”

                “I know.”

                “But you have done something terrible and sometimes in cases like yours it’s hard to bear so we give ourselves allowances.  You see our minds are powerful things.  Once you’ve fabricated a truth you’ve rewritten the memory. Our memory, unfortunately, can be like a Wikipedia page.  You can access and edit the info there.  But so can others.  Before long what’s on that page will be conceived as an absolute truth to a memory that will no longer be wholly yours nor accurate.”

“The history doesn’t get lost though, right?  It’s still there.  A version control, I think, I’ve heard that from somewhere.”

“Aw, but you see, even a rapist can convince themselves that their innocent and the victim asked for it.  They will remain free of guilt even as they recall slipping something into their victim’s drink.  History is irrelevant in this regard.  We rewrite things all the time I’m afraid.  Even monsters have their brand of fairytales.”

No comments:

Post a Comment