Thursday, January 28, 2016

The Sweet Feeling of a Productive Day

Yesterday I posted a chapter of MD forgetting that I actually did have a sort of post.  So I'm going to talk about getting things done (yesterday) very briefly.

Last year I was made aware of something I think I might've been semi-conscious of but had never quite verbalized it.  Sure I'd gave gestures to it during interviews and my previous manager had pointed it out but I'm very results-focused.  But what I learned last year that I hadn't really noted was that I attach a lot of emotion to it.  Meaning if I don't feel like I've been productive it's a sure way of bringing me down.  Which is why I like making list and checking things off or setting deadlines for myself and meeting them.  I like working toward something.  I like knowing I completed it even more.  And who doesn't, really? 

But the difference with me (and I'm sure there are others) is the emotional factor and just how much power it wields over me.  So if I said I had a productive day best believe I might be on cloud nine because I've probably gotten all the laundry done, finished a chapter, got in some exercise, etc etc.

So yesterday I had this feeling because:
- I talked to my manager regarding  job posting
- I updated my resume and submitted for said posting
- Whipped through a lot of task
- Finished the last two loads of laundry and got them put away
- Cleaned the microwave
- Swept & mopped the kitchen floor
- Did a brief walk with the niece around the neighborhood
- Cooked dinner and was done at a decent time (yay for leaving early)
- Got my brows threaded and they're looking quite clean again
- Lastly I didn't add much to MD (which would've been icing on the cake!) but I did sift through it a bit

And now I shall be off.  To hopefully have more productive days this week ^_^  namely in regards to writing. 

2 comments:

  1. I do the same with lists but unlike you I don't think I attach emotions to it because I tend to keep putting things off! But I do feel a lot better and have less headaches when I finish tasks and chores early. Fantastic that you've been able to be productive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since becoming aware of it I try to beat myself up about it so much or at least search for what I did accomplish in the day. But I think getting any form of writing done will always be a pleasant feat.

      Delete