Sunday, April 19, 2015

Find Your Bliss

Lately when I've gotten stressed out and/or frustrated I keep remembering "Take care of yourself first.  Take care of yourself first."  Someone told me that not too long ago and it's very difficult to do. 

I've felt burnt out due to the lack of time to do things I'd like to do such as read, work on my projects, catch one of my tv shows, etc...

But yesterday I wrote and it was slow to come, or at least it seemed like it might be but since I was feeling overwhelmed words came out.  And they were dark but the further I got, the more real it felt, and the better I felt overall.  As though I was able to breathe again and it felt good to write. 

Today I did a more work on it and again felt better.  So I've hit my writing goal for the day so I think I'm going to do a bit of reading and/or watch a movie.  Part of me wants to do some work stuff, like work on some of the online training that I need to complete by 4/25 but I want to read.  So I'm going to read. 

And I was reminded of what's my bliss when I listened to the following segment in regards to Maslow's Hierarchy during today's Ted Talk on NPR.  Check it out- Flow: The Secret to Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment