Saturday, April 18, 2015

Nice Surprise

Today I received a package from my coworkers.  I saw the 8x11 printer box and at first thought "Oh... they packed up my desk.  I wonder why I wasn't told I was being let go."  Then of course my mind starts looking for the 'signs' that indicated this.  I blame being a contractor for so many years... Contractor Mentale. 

It was actually a care package and a thoughtful one which definitely picked me up.  I also heard from a couple people which took my mind off things.  And I made some progress at work.  I think I'll still do a bit of work on the weekend, hopefully I won't try to do much but I'm feeling a bit caught despite getting two projects today and learned of a potential new one that I'll be running lead for on Wed. 

But now that I've showered and conditioned my hair I'm going to try to write "thelastchapter" of #thelaststop.  I was realizing I haven't read a good novel in a while and for a moment couldn't remember how to.  It's strange to say I didn't know how to write a novel but I had that moment and I think it was because I haven't read in awhile.  So I picked up a random book and just started reading it to get inspired a bit.  I also looked at the bookshelf near my nightstand that I've placed books I've started but haven't finished for a tiny nudge.  I'm still not all the way there and would still like to find something to lose myself in but at least I'm not feeling quite as lost as I was earlier. 

At any rate... off to try to work on this chapter.

1 comment:

  1. It's lovely that your co-workers did that for you! And I haven't read a good book in a long time either. Made the mistake of picking up a book written by David Duchovny just because I really like him. It was terrible :(

    ReplyDelete