Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Productive Work Day

I seemed to get a lot of work items done today and finally just got myself set for tomorrow so I can hit the ground running in hopes that I can finish by 5 in order to do some things I'd like to do such as work on a short story and add to the zombie novel.

I just finished rereading one of my short stories that I know at some point I'd like to turn into a full fledged novel and in reading it caught a lot of errors.  Amazing how when you let something sit and come at it with a fresh eye you catch so much more than when you're in a rush to just get it out.  I'm thinking I'll also try posting the sci-fi short story this week that I started back in Feb and never finished. 

So I figure if today was a work late day for work-work then tomorrow can be a treat and really have to stick to cutting myself off from work by 4 or 5 so I can get in a good hour or two of writing.  Kind of hoping to dream some scenes for #TLS.  I think I left it off in one of the flashback moments where we see Vin get infected and the first time her 'evil eye' takes over.  Still going to make this one succinct 10k story with the hope of expanding it into a novel and incorporate the other story lines.  In fact I might post the story once I complete it (and count it as one of my short stories). 

In other news GA appears to be making progress.  Her doctor think she's doing well/healing good and today she showed me some recent developments involving her right side such as the ability to open and close her hands again AND she can lift her right leg off the ground for about 5-10 second intervals.  I'd say she's raising it by about 8 inches which is WAY better than the inch or two she was struggling with last week.  So small things to some but helping with the overall picture.

Okay off to bed ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment