Wednesday, September 11, 2019

2019 Artist Fellowship Grant


It's that time of the year again.

In the process of submitting for the RAC STL Artist Fellowship.  In pulling up what I submitted for last year it was nice to update it to include:
- a website (rather than my blogger)
- author email
- projects I've completed (which meant adding two)
- upcoming releases
- additional skills

I know resumes are meant to be reflective of what you've learned but this is the first time I actually appreciated seeing what I've done and accomplished.  The artist resume is similar to a standard resume except it's meant for all your creative projects.

I'm not saying I never took pride in updating my regular resume but I tended to struggle with the words and there was the need to change it in order to cater to different job descriptions... I don't have that struggle with the artist resume.  I simply list the title of the project and the month I completed it.  I'm immediately transported back in time, tap a little into the feeling, and come away a bit more grateful.

Anywho, that said, the deadline is tomorrow and I still have quite a bit to prepare for it.  So this will be a quick entry.

But before I mosey a few things I'm grateful for:
- Had another great conversation last night w/ Ms. Gloria
- Had an interesting morning conversation with my self
- Wrote over 1k toward the new story

Okay... off to Illustrator and TYW task list... or maybe a slight break to look at the Pitch Wars site (still need to work on that)

^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment