Monday, September 23, 2019

Management Monday - Week of 9/23-9/29


Last week was a whirlwind of discovery, one meltdown, re-discovery, learning, and several moments of joy (the type of joy to bring on tears).  In a word... emotional.

I don't plan on making this a long post because I'm trying to make this the day I prep/schedule content for October and work in some website updates.

Top three things I plan to target this week:
- Submission for PitchWars (the window is from 9/25-9/27) … there's a lot of work associated with this
- Complete draft copy of NFD
- Content prep (or rather get in as many draft blog entries

I'm considering using Hootsuite... Still noodling.  I think once I get a few things knocked out I'll take a look into it.

That said a few things I'm grateful for from the past weekend:
- Got through several movies
    - Nokim (dozed off a bit but still enjoyed what I did see and the message)
    - Lars and the Real Girl (I'd been meaning to watch this for years, dozed off on it too -_-)
    - Greta (I enjoyed this and did not doze off on it, lol)
    - Two Lovers and a Bear (will review this later this week either on this site or the author site)
- TWO HOURS OF PIANO PRACTICE!!!!
   - It felt amazing, so long story short my class is Saturday morning at 8, well I didn't get there until 9 but I told myself 30min of practice is better than none, well the instructor let me stay over into the next class (the next level of Piano) and I got to play along with that class.  To me that represented being ready for the next step, like seeing what they were playing made me realize I wasn't too far off and could be in the class come next time.  This also rings true for life.
- Naps, OMG, specifically on this couch I got from a friend years ago when she was moving.  The couch doesn't scream 'comfy' but I dozed on it while watching movies and those naps were so energizing, my sleep has been a bit wonky as I've had a lot of things coursing through it (marketing/writerly items) and I've been tired.
- Book a librarian on Friday with Mel was incredibly helpful (which reminds me, I  need to set up another appointment) … though Book a Librarian in general is an incredible resource so just grateful to it's existence and both Paul and Mel's help last week
- Moments of peace/being still

Okay, off to do some things to make it easier on Future Denise ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment