Thursday, September 19, 2019

Curate: Be Like Nature

Be patient.

Learn to be still.

Let go, more than you hold on.

I have to remind myself of this often.  And today I had another reminder when I was talking to my niece about something and found myself being pulled back, as if to hear it too.  I needed to remind myself.  And it's just now coming back to me as I sit down to write, after a day of trying to figure out social media and strategic planning.

Don't be a follower.  Now there's plenty of information out there when it comes to being a self published author and different hacks.  But there's been a sort of desperation in my prowess as of late that I keep getting sucked back into this idea of "I'VE GOTTA BE ON THIS PLATFORM TOO" that is sufficiently apt at destroying my love of the written word but also has me marching down a road I hadn't intended.

I'm still trying find balance.  I am still trying to figure out what will work for me. And I recognize that means 'trying' different things on a trial period and eventually cutting out what doesn't work.  

For instance I like Blogger, it's like my LiveJournal replacement, lol, but do I see a ton of traffic, not really.  But I post here mostly for me.  And it's the one thing that does feel true.  I do like posting on my Wix blog as well.  I think it's because it involves writing and some level of thinking.  I don't mind Twitter too much either despite seeing the potential time-suck of it (as well as one other problematic way of the platform).

But in trying out all these different platforms I have to be sure that my writing doesn't get lost in the process...

As I continue to practice patient with myself and try out this social media calendar next month, we shall see how things fare.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment