Friday, September 27, 2019

Taking a Pause to Celebrate

This week has been productive.  I mean truly productive and that isn’t to dismiss the other work I’ve done leading up to this week because it all adds to the collective but in the last 12 hours I’ve managed two very big things.

And I am tired, in a good way.  What did I do exactly?  Well first let me say I tackled this week different, as I did last weeek.  I did away with my check box system last week and just made a list of things I knew I needed to do.  This week I had a list but I also decided to give myself a purpose each day for instance:
Monday: Content Prep for the week
Tuesday:  Writing
Wednesday: Reading
Thursday: PitchWars submission
Friday: TBD

Which was funny that I hadn’t locked anything in for Friday.  It’s as if I already knew...

So Monday was focused on the various social media platforms and prep.  I learned today that there is a free version of HootSuite so I’m going to look at it again to see if I want to try it.  I did work out that I might do my schedule differently to make it manageable.  I”m in that stage of playing around until I find a formula that works for me.

Tuesday I began working on finishing the huntress story (as it is one of the things I intend to finish out before September ends) On Wednesday I ended up tackling another item that I had outlined for “finish before 9/30” which was a draft of NFD with words and the illustrations married up.  And OMG I did it.  I hadn’t planned on doing it but once I got started I wanted to see it through.

Thursday I made myself be still and just enjoy reading.  Took a glorious nap and proceeded to look into the Pitch War mentors to see who would be a good fit.

And today I had another BAL session in which I got addresses for my target market group.  AND submitted for Pitch Wars 2019 ^_^

It doesn’t seem like much but it’s been a lot.  Like the query and synopsis took me about 4 hours but I  finally submitted and let out a breath.

So damnit I’m going to celebrate because too often it’s “okay done with that, what’s next” and damnit if I’m not like “let me enjoy this victory chick, gosh...”

Because you know I’m already thinking what I need to do for the week or the outstanding things I have left.  But the thing is there will ALWAYS be something.  So this weekend I’d like to reward myself with getting lost in a book.

... though there is the other side of me that’s like “reward yourself by checking something else off the list...”. ^_^. This lovely head of mine.

At any rate if I were to hypothetically come up with a weekend to do list it would involve:
- continue celebration for #PitchWars submission
- order proof copy of NFD
- finish huntress story
- finish a book

That said napping and watching movies again (as my pile is up again) sounds good too.

Apologies for any typos, I’se tired and writing from my phone... I’se off :D
.


No comments:

Post a Comment