Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Gratitude Tuesday: Acts of Kindness



"In a world where you can be anything, be kind..."

I paraphrase and can't remember who said it #memoryfail but an important message all the same.  Today I followed my intuition.  I wanted my hot cup of milk and thought "I could make this" but knew it would soak up more of my time.  Time I wanted to designate for writing.  So I opted to stop at Starbucks on my morning drive.

Instead of stopping at the one near my house, I stopped one a slight bit out of the way because for this particular drink, my hot milk, I've enjoyed how they've made it and had a great conversation with the barista at the Drive-Thru.

Well this morning as I sat in the drive-thru and ate my questionable ripe banana I was listening to the radio and a couple things happened - 1) Lizzo was playing and as that is a fave song of mine currently I always take it as good sign when it comes on (as if the universe is saying right decision/choice) and 2) I wanted to hear the Positive Note for the day well instead I caught "Donkey of the Day" … I gave a moment toward the politics of today, the sound bite earlier in the morning from Jimmy Kimmel with the CNN interview and all of it just doesn't feel right.

Not right in the "CORRUPTIION! CORRUPTION!" type of a thought.  In the vicious way every one goes after the other.  I get we all feel strongly but at what point do we all take a step back and ask ourselves are we getting anywhere...?  It felt very toxic and hadn't felt good.

So I pull up to the window, turn down the radio just as I hear the donkey of the day is going to Nancy Pelosi and part of me withers but then the barista informs me that the woman ahead of me has paid for my order...

0_0

Kindness.  It is a choice.  No matter who you are or where you are or which side of the fence you claim, kindness is ALWAYS an option.

And as I do my social media check (trying to allocate time each day, including blogging, to engage) I came across this story that made me tear up.

Bookstore Employee and the Colorful Old Lady

Kindness y'all.  Practice it more and more.

As Gandhi says "be the change you want to see in the world..."

Or something close to that but y'all get the point.  Spread kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment