Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Is It Easier To Drown Rather Than Float...?

Last night, just before I passed out the title that came to mind for this post was a bit more clever.  Well it wasn't clever (because I would have fought the lazy and wrote it down) but I liked it.  I knew I was going to write about it and interestingly enough when I logged on fb I saw a similar message.

Synchronicity...  But I digress.

When you listen to your thoughts, or rather pay attention to them, is it more convenient to let them spiral rather than work to correct them?  Or for that matter, what I realized last night, is it far more easier to maintain negative thought patterns, and I mean let your mind just run down doom and gloom scenarios versus happy uplifting thoughts...?

Think about it.  Do negative thoughts have free reign on your mind?  When you are down do they get a cap?  And think when you are in a positive mindset, does it stay that way for long or do you find a way to clip the wings of the pretty picture and inform yourself 'why it can't work...'?

It's an interesting thing to realize that, up until this point, I did sometimes let negative thoughts go wild and it was far more easier to disrupt happy thoughts with the potential for why it couldn't last long.  There seems to be a comfort there with the negative thought patterns.  It's easier to be in that place.... Why?

Now this is where one could take up the action of blame - "Well the world we live in is...." or "When I was growing up my parents, siblings, ….", "Someone made me feel...".

Stop.... So I've been posting quotes on my Twitter acct recently and one of my favorites is from Eleanor Roosevelt, "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."

Aw, ownership, that word again.  There is a shift in mentality that needs to take place.  And in the glimpses of when we are of sound mind we have to make sure to do our 'work' to be mindful, conscious of these thought patterns and correct them.

I recognized last night, as I lay in the bed tired, weary and wanting to pass out but too lazy to write down the idea for this blog post that to be of a more forward/positive thinker requires a LOT of EF'N work.  And thus it is easier to drown, it's far easier to lay there and believe ish is happening to you.

Nann chick.  Break that pattern.  You have that choice.  You have that POWER.

This has been a motivational minute with Denise ^_^

That said I am grateful for:
- Morning talks with neighbors
- People looking out for you and your interest
- Colors, the vibrancy of life


No comments:

Post a Comment