Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Learning How to Love Self

I am on a journey when it comes to this. What it’s meant is constantly catching myself when doubt, fear, or anxiety seeps in and doing one of two things:
- Banishing the thought (I sometimes visually use my finger as a wand and pull the negative thought from my mind then flick it in the trash)
- Taking that exact moment to have an honest conversation with myself

It’s constant work but I am seeing the benefit. I am getting better at it. I feel I am making better choices because of it and I’m feeling more. Not just in zombie mode but seeing things and being overwhelmed by it.

Learning to love our self wherever we are at this current moment is hard. But I welcome the challenge because I am learning a lot about me and in the process of doing that growing. Today’s discovery was patience. I preach but how often do I give it to myself and I noticed myself wanting to just do something just to “have it done with”. And I had to remind myself tiny steps work too, tiny steps got me to where I am. It’s okay to be patient. And tested up acknowledging that I do have this “thing” in me to make it happen “ALL RIGHT NOW”...  And because I recognized it, addressed it, and affirmed that I am okay. Will be okay. Trust the process and my path I am freer.

That said wanted to share some weekend activities I did as a way of treating myself:
- Went and had my hair washed on Friday
- Spent time at the library Saturday
- Treated myself to a masssage and concert Sunday

Sunday I also made my Mac n cheese and green beans for the Anniversary party at MSC. I wanted to do more but greatful that I got up in time to do the bit I did.

Going to get a few more post on the queue and then finish up the index cards for TYW.

A few pix from the weekend:



No comments:

Post a Comment