Tuesday, August 20, 2019

The Recording Room at SLPL

I started this draft last week (mostly likely Friday or Saturday) but since I didn't have photos from the RR, I held off on posting.  Plus I like have blogs in queue for busy days.  That said I did take pics from today's session and will tackle them onto this entry.  Plan on posting an audio clip soon ish..  Anywho without further ado.... … …

My next ‘three’ are starting to present themselves.  The three things of focus that I’ll need to work on in order to continue this path I’m on.  The first three had involved work and relationships (family and romantic).  For the most part one of the items is still in progress but the other two have been taken care of to some extent and have thus slowly migrated from the radar.  But I feel like I’m starting to see another cycle in development that ultimately will have me standing in my own truth... morning ramble for ya...

AT ANY RATE :)

Thursday was AMAZEBALLZ.  Usually I look or do some form or research for things.  And with the Recording Room I did attempt to attend the orientation they were having on Monday (despite it being my sister’s birthday) BUT that didn’t work out since they were full and even with being waitlisted, still no go.

So I went into a recording studio with little to no idea of what I was doing.  But Wes was so f**kin helpful and took time answering my questions, showing me the software.  I opted to work in ProTools vs Audacity because, as I told him, I am the type to take on whatever I’m taught and just stick with it.  So I went for the more complicated audio tool and glad for it.  Now that I do know a bit more I’ll definitely have a task next week around learning more.  I also booked more time in the recording room.  Next week I’ll post a snippet of the audio :)

The room also has a piano so I was able to work on the piano sounds to play on the track of me doing the reading.  I am SO excited and just overwhelmed by yesterday that I’m tearing up because it feels so ef’n good.  LOL and one of these days I’ll stop censoring myself so much.

I also treated myself to Hilayan Yeti.  After being disappintemented over the weekend for not making it, I made sure after the recording room session that I would go.  I was soooo stuffed.  Came home to walk the kids home school and then started dinner.  We were supposed to go to a birthday party but I am no longer rewarding bad behavior.  I feel we all have so many privileges we are granted in life and we take it for granted daily or don’t show respect to it.  Rather thats a friendship or our body itself..  And I feel the kids don’t recognize just how much is done for them so I put my foot down and decided to no longer give my time or energy toward anyone that hasn’t earned it.  Not everyone deserves your favor but kindness is something we all do.

It’s possible a lesson in life might change my mind about that but for now I’m working with that understanding.  I say that because its a concept I’m wrestling with now.  Especially in my leaning forward/‘say ‘yes’ ideals.

Anywho, a pic of the recording room :)




No comments:

Post a Comment