Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Thoughts are things...

We create our reality.

That said I’ve been leaning into the positive.  I’ve been catching my thoughts as they run south and addressing the true issue as best as I can.  Today brought about a couple of emotional moments as I acknowledged my habit of people pleasing and being concerned about what others thought.  I recognized that a lot of my thought patterns around it were built on a survival mentality.  And I am recognizing more and more that I’m better than that.  I don’t need that thought pattern any longer, as it doesn’t serve the person I am becoming.  So there was some hurt in letting that go, in seeing it for what it was.

I continue to be a work in progress.

That said and well, onto lighter things...

We saw Hobbs and Shaw last night at the movies.  This year has definitely been movie packed, we did hit a lull for a bit but it’s picked back up.  I suspect we’ll hit up the Muny this week to see “Matilda”.  We saw “Cinderella” back in July.  And I would still like to see “Midsommar”, not too many theaters are showing it now.  

Also in other exciting news I am behind on my reading while my stack of book grows BUT I finally got around to scanning my art and checked out an illustrator video today.  I was planning to look at another one before bed but I need to carve out some writing time and reading.  So I’ll check out more tomorrow.

I did do another draft of MD’s book blurb.  Planning on doing a second edition of it soon to fix some known issues...

As far as completing task today, didn’t knock off a whole lot but it still felt very productive today with what I did accomplish, today was definitely one of those quality over quantity type days.  

At any rate, need to try to work a bit on LV&A... Here’s a pic of my vision board when I was working on it.  I now have it on my wall above my desk as a visual reminder.  Will grab a pic of the finished product to post later.

Apologies in advance for any typos, I’m uber tired and still need to handwrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment