Monday, August 5, 2019

Nearly 30 task.... mostly writing related


It's a new dawn, it's a new day...

Every time I think of the choices I'm making and whom I'm working on becoming I hear those lyrics.  I think of them and I feel good :)

This past weekend I created a schedule for myself that I barely followed so instead, while sitting at Panera yesterday I put a lot of the items on a task list called "Targets for w/o 8/4-8/11" and I just began listing out everything I've been meaning to do, need to do, and want to do.  BUT told myself I'd have a goal of doing at least 3... That's right, I have a list of nearly 30 task and will consider it a good thing if I hit three for the week.  The crazy side of me wants to go for targeting at least 3 a day but I'm trying to be relaxed in my approach.  I want to be focused and overall I want to be patient.  I want to trust myself.  And so I shall.

I know I will likely accomplish more than three but I am not going to put pressure on myself to be insane.  I am results-focused and seeing things get checked off will suffice.

I'm also glad that I saw to some self care this weekend by treating myself to SLIFF, the music fundraiser, TOSTADA'S, making time to read, making time to journal and breakdown my dreams, and really work on me.  I recognize that with being more mindful in my approach that it has been tapping into my energy reservoir more and causing me the need to pause more in order to restore myself.  However it's all good because I'm catching the thoughts that don't serve me.  That don't serve/work for the person I'm becoming.

That said some recent accomplishments have involved:
- Working on my author stuff (FB content)
- I did deactivate my personal FB page... again
- Reaching out to DDD for a cover/confirm target date
- Signing up for classes
- Working on my schedule/time management for projects

And technically my break is up now.  Part of working on my time management is chunking out time to do specific task so I can hit various things (to avoid any potential burn out) and altering what I do on days.

I still have some things to work on/work out and there may be things I'm doing now that I might shift but I'm okay with the process and letting it fall-out as it needs to.  With that said, with trying to adopt a certain mindset I've recognized I need to be careful whose in that sphere of influence.  I still intend to love/be loving and kind but not everyone deserves my favor so I have to recognize I have things to do as part of my journey, as do others.

Aye, I got off on a tangent.  Hopefully when I update tomorrow I'll be able to say I got another item checked off the list.


No comments:

Post a Comment