Sunday, August 18, 2019

Voices in My Head

Do you ever prep for an eventual argument?  Is there a figure in your life (family, friend, spouse, coworker, etc) that you'll sometimes have a conversation with inside your head?  At least have a conversation of your mind's version of them.

I don't think this is isolated to just me.  Or something specific to writers.  Though if it is, I'm leaning into my crazy as always :)  I love me and all my nutty weird ways ^_^

That said have you ever looked at the type of conversations those appear to be?  Who they often involve?  For instance if you're debating or having an argument is it often with a sibling or spouse?  Coworker?

When you're bouncing ideas off of someone and sharing something exciting who do you envision you're telling?

When you are seeking advice who do you have that conversation with?

If you're having a full out complaint session is there that one person you can bare it all to?  Or maybe it's a group of friends over drinks...?  Or if you're me it's one person in a quiet setting that just listens as you pour it out...

Do the people change depending on the scenario?  Or is it the same person/people each time?

I believe in getting to know our Self it's important to look at these conversations and break them down as they happen.  The answer won't always be immediate but it's the first step in getting into a more loving relationship with our Self.  And not only that but understand what these people represent..?  What is it that they mirror that exist within us?

For me I've noticed that when I'm seeking advice I usually call to mind one of my friends and have a conversation with her because she most often seems centered and open.  Then again when I'm debating I call another friend to mind whose similar in thought pattern.

When I'm sharing some excited news or foaming at the idea over a story my coworkers come to mind.

I used to mentally prepare for an argument with my sister.  But I catch myself now.  And I stop it.  Because I now recognize I'm putting something out there by doing that.  And it doesn't have to be that way.

Leaning by unlearning.  Unraveling past behaviors.  Taking a step back as often as I can catch myself and rewire habits I needed in order to survive.  Recognizing I don't need to be that person any longer.  She's grown past that.

I intend to thrive.


No comments:

Post a Comment