Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Mental Health Days

Today I opted to give myself a day off.  Initially it started off with the reason of “OMG, I have one more day, I really need to finish this book...”

But per my usual my mind fought to give myself task and things to do.  And I fought back to be like ‘’nann chick, relax read that book and if you ain’t feeling it after 2-3 more chapters let it go...’. I struggle with giving up on books.  I’ve had one DNF that I knew I wouldn’t pick back up.

At any rate I did get some reading in but didn’t finish the book :(

I’m going to read a bit more tonight but I suspect this might be a DNF.  I’m not sure what it is but I’m just not drawn into the story and at this point there are other stories I do want to read.  Plus I’ve been in and out of a reading slump so I really need to find something that does interest me.  And feel less giuilty about not completing this one.

But the reason for this post it occurred to me that often times we take mental health days as a “I NEED TO RECHARGE/ GET AWAY FROM LIFE” type thing.  That wasn’t the case for me today.  Honestly I took the day because I wanted it.  I’ve earned it.  And hell if I didn’t.  It’s my life.  Ish will work out ^_^

So no classwork today.  No illustrations, website work, etc... just me.  Spent some time with mi madres out on the porch enjoying the beautiful weather while the grass got cut.  Wished her luck on lotto tix, met up with a friend from church and took 2 of the kids with me (they got to play in the play area for 3 hours while we had a deep/engaging thoughts regarding life, the world, and healing).

The type of conversation I enjoy having and being with someone open.  Open to explore the weird and unexplainable and share different ideas.  It’s the type of conversation where there is teaching/learning happening and it’s constantly being flipped as to whose in the driver sear of teacher or student (or both for that matter).

I’m grateful for:
- Distance and the perspective it offers
- Good/positive souls
- McDonald’s play area :)
- Kids (as they are great teachers)
- a bed (as I’m about to go pass out ^_^)


No comments:

Post a Comment