Sunday, February 10, 2019

::Insert Swoon::

Today has been the day of a lot of thought.  I think I've come to resolve some thoughts or at least find myself on a path of sorts.

The other thing I had planned today, a small gathering didn't happen due to the icy road conditions and service was also canceled.  But I didn't sleep in.  I woke up and was thinking of doing back to sleep when my grandfather called about getting something for breakfast, lol.  So I got up from that point on made some breakfast (pancakes, cheesy eggs and bacon).

And so here comes to discovery one.  I've tried to be a bridge but more and more I'm thinking about that old adage of you can take the horse to the water but you can't make it drink it.  Family is strange.  Trying to walk that fine line of helping and not overstepping can be tiresome.  I thought of this as I was singing along to Nina Simone's "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" in the car earlier and really feeling the lyric at that moment.  Then again I'm reminded of the quote 'the road to hell is paved with good intentions...'  Actually I think there's another quote similar but different (pretty sure Jurassic Park had one when referring to Hammond).  At any rate all this to say I try.  I try to keep up the positive vibes and offer as neutral ear and advice as much as possible but some people just have to walk their own path/have their own journey.

That goes for both friends and family.

Acknowledging that somehow makes me feel just a bit freer.

Random but every time mi madres turns on Infinity War I find myself sucked in/watching it.  She's abandoned it (AGAIN) and so I'm listening to it as I write this.  Each time I hone in on the interaction between Thor and Gamora talking about family, shared experiences.  Family, our first potential adversary in life we meet.  Or the cheerleaders to our greater potential.  Most times a bit of both but in all things they help shape experiences on our path.

At any rate, going back to the title of this post. I FINISHED MY READ THRU!  Granted when I wrote down 'complete a DJ project read thru' on my 2019 goals list it wasn't this project I had in mind but I'm glad I did.

I was so ef'n shocked by how much this story drew me in.  I don't think I've felt this elated since reading The Three Year War the first time and realizing it was possible to write a readable first draft.  This particular story is a readable first draft.  And I know.  Because I read it really ef'n quick.  Granted it's less than 55k.  Whenever I revise I'll need to add some parts and so I after reading it, I stepped away and made some notes from what I remember.  I'll likely sit on this project because TYW really is supposed to be my focus now.

That said, I also realize it's not a romance because there's no HEA.  Unless that changes in revision which I don't foresee.  But this made me happy.  In a day where it's been a bit tipsy/topsy and some bad vibes here and there it was nice to read my work and have a reaction (laughing, sad, and general excitement over the story).  I'm not sure when I can push this one out though.  It's not an overhaul like MD but there are some things I want to research.

Anywho for the weekend I did accomplish a couple things:
- Complete my novel read thru
- Finish reading a book

I am going to try to work on the read thru for BoM now.  Definitely not going to attempt the index cards tonight for TYW.  But I'm happy with what I did get through since I didn't think I'd get through one.  I still need to make time for "The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein" since it's due back tomorrow.  Actually I might do that instead of trying to do the other RT...  

No comments:

Post a Comment