Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Long rainy day... writing onward...

It's been a long day, ended up taking off work (and it was a good thing I did). I'm super tired having got up about 4am ish for the surgery so this won't be a long post.  Unless I suddenly become winded and start rambling.  But seeing as I want to do a bit more reading of the one story I started the other day, I very much doubt it.

So it rained all day today.  And between trafficking back and forth for the surgery then having to go back to the doc due to some post op concerns, I've spent about 2 or so more hours in the rain on the highway.  Which isn't no biggie but have definitely come a long way.  I remember when driving in the rain use to freak me out (had an accident years ago).

That said I had all this stuff packed for while I was in the waiting room and started reading/trying to finish a book and the sleepiness caught up with me so I stopped, watched the tv again, then tried to read and continued on this fashion before finally giving up and watching GOT.

OMG, so I've cried twice now at the deaths of two characters on the show.  First season was an obvious cry fest but season 6 I lost it when a character I hadn't expected to like passed.  And man watching that hurt BUT it also did something in my writerly brain.  Like an appreciation for the story, the world, and characters and desire to make something equally as engaging/moving.  I really feel I'm getting more into the realm of wanting to do more high fantasy novel (thus the reason I've been doing some prep activities).  And the world building will take time so I need to be patient with myself if I want to craft something good....

Anywho, I've done my writing for the day and hit my goal of 10 pages for script writing.  Going to try to veg for a bit... Already thinking about this weekend.  I have two goals I haven't knocked out from Jan... might make those the focus this weekend especially if we get snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment