Friday, February 8, 2019

That Moment When...

You recognize you've made a mistake by thinking you could still handle the dr. appointment and babysit toddlers -_-

We survived.  Or rather I did.  And some people got a kick out of the kids in the waiting area while others I couldn't tell if they were annoyed (or maybe not) by them.  But this has definitely been a week.  Stressful with trying to manage the various appointments and obligations and try to help where I can...  But I'm definitely tired.  Really want to take a brief nap now but not sure if I should risk it.

On the plus side, after cleaning the fireplace out on Monday, I got the fire going today as its super cold.  So I really am tempted to just relax in the living room, read and potentially nod off.  Not planning to cook since there's still a bit of chili from the other day plus pizza from earlier. So yay for not needing to cook.  

Yesterday I got hit with some random funk.  Feeling better today, maybe it was from the lack of sleep?  But I know the moment I started to free write I felt it sort of lift from me.  Speaking of that, not sure where that story will go because as I was writing it I kept asking myself "is this someone from an existing world/story"... and I ultimately landed on TYW.  Will have to explore that more when I get more in depth with the revisions.

I also may need to reevaluate that.  Right now my target is to complete revisions by 3/31 but I still haven't completed my editing prep.  Granted there's still more of Feb to go but again in trying not to bite more than I can chew I may need to look at my 2019 timeline.  I did build in a couple 'freebie' months but part of me did want to target projects for those pending I was on time with my deadlines.

This weekend I've got a couple things going on that will likely interfere with any writing plans unless things change due to the weather.  But if I were super awesome and had this burst of energy I'd love if I could accomplish the following in 48 hours:
- Complete RT of BoM
- Complete my novel read thru
- Complete editing prep index cards
- Finish reading a book

However knowing me and knowing that I have things that will take up my time on Saturday and Sunday I'll be happy if I make a dent in any of those (even if it's an hour each day toward one of them).  So again, another weekend in which I won't have an official 'to do' list but will still plan to do a minimal of something.

That said going to do a bit of writing now before I go read since I'm liable to nap once I get on the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment