Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Songs that give you life...

I recently rediscovered Daley's "Those Who Wait"...  And it's on repeat.

I mean it's giving me so much right now and yesterday.  I could cry.  I also think I might be PMSing a touch.  Yesterday I know for sure the lyrics were just hitting me because I was feeling so frustrated.

I'm still feeling frustrated today with an added weight.  Just got a call from my sister that has me feeling a bit down/anxious but I'm going to hope for the best.

I feel as though I'm in a general bad headspace but I'm working through it and trying not to just fall apart.  I think I recognize a few things...

Lack of support, like I don't feel as though I have enough people I'm comfortable with talking to about work things, writing things, personal things, etc...  So it feels like a bottle right now.  But in reality I probably have more people I could talk to but I've created mental blocks as to why I can't.  I'm pretty sure this is PMS that's making me feel as though I'm in this isolated bubble.  I've also gradually removed myself away from things in order to focus on the writing.  And it hasn't been a bad thing.  I mean I'm way productive even if I sometimes get upset with all the other things I want done (that aren't done yet).

I still need to come up with a strategy for the remainder of February.  I should write some things out tonight but I think I'll opt to do it tomorrow and just read tonight.

There's another writing event this week that I'll try to attend.  Hopefully I'll get some time in for TYW.

At any rate I wrote a new Lync short story that I'm calling Ara's Wish.  I'll plan to post it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment