Monday, February 11, 2019

Saving for later... On Being Tonight

I had a driveway moment.  Or actually a couple today.

Was listening to NPR and specifically Reveal right before I picked up a takeout order (since it was late and wasn't going to cook tonight) that had me sitting in the car knowing I needed to leave the car in order to retrieve said order... then on the ride home 'On Being' came on and man I forget how great this show is and the guest who are brought on.

I was nodding and appreciating the conversation, agreeing with most of it and low key jealous that Maria's day consist of being buried in books and writing.  This sort of life, one of thinking and being reflective in a sea of books... ::drool::  I mean to say I was anxious to get home just so I could pick back up "The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein" would be highly accurate.  I spent my lunch break getting sucked into it.

And honestly the idea of reading books, old and new, reading the old poets and philosophers of time gone past interest me.  I yearn to spend time getting lost in trying to understand it all and my own theories but I digress.

I had my driveway moment so I switched over to my phone so I could continue listening to the show but once I got in, it wasn't possible to be fully present and still listen to it.  Being gone all day I do try to be active with everyone once I do get in so I had to forego listening.  Thus I googled and throwing this link down here so I can remember to listen to it tomorrow.

On Being - Maria Popova

Think all the rain is making me sleepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment