Sunday, February 3, 2019

Superbowl Sunday ... Mental Resetting


I didn't make it into service again today :(  Definitely had intentions too but after finally getting the opening lines figured from the script and adding to it.  I took some pain pills for my head and decided to watch Parks & Rec, to which I fell asleep on, woke up at 1:30 for a bio run, watch some more Parks & Rec and proceed to fall asleep again.

I think with the extreme shift in temperatures my body might've been feeling the need to rest up plus there'd been all the mental anguish earlier with going on a date.  So finally woke up this morning made breakfast, showered and looked at the time... Definitely was too late to make it to service.

I had even thought to make this the day I go follow up/check on some people and also deliver the knitted hat I made.  But I'm still feeling a bit tired.  So started working on my script again.  Hoping to get myself on track for my Feb word count goal (even though overall I'm still ahead).  And also give myself a bumper when it comes to my script.  I should have 3 pages by today and I'm on page 3.

Script writing is definitely a challenge.  I tried to do it some years ago and got stuck, tried it again and got stuck again.  This time I at least made it to page three so that's progress but I'm really wondering if I'll have 30 pages by the end of this.  I'm going to attempt to give myself some bumper today which will mean getting wrapped more in the story.  Hopefully by doing that I will become a bit more invested in it and writing won't be quite the struggle.  I've been toggling back and forth with looking at other scripts as an example.

I'm also planning on working on another story as back up (just so I can still be adding to my word count) but the focus in February really will be my editing prep.  It occurs to me that I probably should just do more world building toward the potential Nano 19th story.  /rambling

At any rate going to try to get in a bit more writing and try to finish a couple books today if possible and just relax.  Probably won't catch too much of the game since I'm not that really invested in it or football in general.

I think I just need to veg.  I really do want to get lost in a story or something.  As it is I'm going to try to finish the James Baldwin book and study the art/read the story for this children's book I picked up.
And try to make a point of meditating.  I had to do it for a bit early on today in order to tackle some bad vibes.

No comments:

Post a Comment