Monday, February 4, 2019

The Joys of Toddlers & Writing

Before I get started I should note that I made some bad decisions last night/early this morning and it definitely impacted my today... so for most of the day I was tired, cranky, and feeling quite sickly to the point I didn't eat and just sipped on lemon water for most of the day.

I've since ate a bit and took a nap around 6 (that went over) but thankfully I'm still tired enough now that I figure it'll be an early night and avoid food despite being hungry.

But something interesting occurred today.  Well a couple things, one my nephew legit had me cracking up from my office as I listened to him have this short exchange with my grandfather.

G: Now be quiet, Denise has a meeting.
N:  Waaaaah?
G:  Denise has a meeting, she on a call.
N: Waaaaah?
G: … ….

LMAO.  I think my grandfather might have just told him to eat his food at that point but it was hilarious.

Stomach still feels a bit weird now but today I felt like I was still mentally calibrating.  And in the process of moving over some files I emailed to myself I started sifting through documents on my laptop.  When one of my stories popped out to me, it's one of the shorter novels clocking in at around 54k (about 85 pages).  And I just opened it out of curiosity.

Here is one thing as an author that I absolutely love.  When you've had so much distance from a project that your surprised by it, that you swoon at different things you'd forgotten.  And today without realizing it I read about half of the story (stopped at page 42 because Chapter 10 is a 30 page time jump).

I don't know, it just seems nice when you're shocked by something you created and it almost makes you question yourself like "OMG, I wrote this?!"  It's nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment