Wednesday, February 27, 2019

No edit prep today :(

Today was another busy day.  And it started off with me taking about an hour of my morning to get my fridge cleaned and some pieces fixed.  Just as I going to retrieve some baby carrots to pack in my lunch bag I noticed the veggie drawer was off and then I heard what sound like a piece falling.... so had to investigate.  Ended up cleaning the bottom and two drawers, super gluing a couple pieces and viola!

That said I wasn't able to sneak away for a lunch hour away from desk due to the spreadsheet that had me in the office until 8 the previous night plus other task that came up.  Overall I'm satisfied with the work I did get through today even with all the meetings and still doing a bit of work with the project that had me in late, but at least got through a meeting to talk through it in order to make the changes.

I did find out compensation regarding my annual review.  And also need to get around to filing my taxes. I still haven't made an official decision for my birthday regarding travel plans but leaning toward paying off student loans/credit cards.  

At any rate going try to do a bit of writing tonight and just plan on using the weekend to finish out the index cards unless I get through them tomorrow (probably going to at least try).

And I'm about 200 words off from my Feb word count goal.  I'm overall ahead but according to the tracker I need 11,500 ish words for the month and right now I'm at 11,300 ish.  Definitely didn't write as much as I did last month BUT working on a story for a novel is a bit easier than my attempts at writing a screenplay.  I'm still trucking along though.  Going to add to it in a bit, nearing the 40 page park ^_^

I still need to thoroughly reassess my plans for the next quarter/remainder of the year.  Gotta keep it light, keep it fun, but keep it moving too.

No comments:

Post a Comment