Tuesday, March 10, 2015

In Australia I'm 30 already...

At least that's what my friend text me at work earlier today.  I thought it was funny because I figure for the people I do know in time zones ahead of mind that I'd likely be seeing bday wishes today.  I haven't logged into FB but I'm sure there are some.  Mmm, makes me think it's my bday in SE Asia... vacay, soooo need it. 

Another late evening.  I snuck in a few more pages of Hallucinations today but not a whole lot.  No new story ideas either today.  My mind is very preoccupied and made a couple of mistakes while at work today.  Had a few momentary waterworks and had one at the hospital with my grandma.  Just feel really worn down every now and then.  But tomorrow is a new day right?  Besides it being my birthday it is also my grandparents wedding anniversary. 

So tomorrow's goal, take 15-20 minutes at work and try to do the teacup exercise with one of the scenes from MD.  I'm going to hopefully get at 2-3 things out of doing that if I dedicate a solid 15 to it. 

This weekend I'm pretty sure I'm going to try to escape into MD, lock myself at Hartford or at the library and just dig in and finish where I left off from last weekend.  I think the weather is going to be nice too. 

In somewhat related news.  I'm behind on short stories, severely.  I think at this point I'm going to wrap up the 3-4 I haven't finished and just post it.  To me the point of the exercise is to keep producing and I have definitely gotten some good ideas out of them.

Okay another goal for tomorrow.  Post one of the open short stories which would  mean completing it but that shall be the goal. 

Last thing, promise, more and more, I'm feeling good about Al's journey in MD and what I've done with that first part.  I think I've been stalled for so long because I needed to resolve my own hurdle with how events should transpire in the next parts of the book and what I thought I was trying to do versus what it appears I've done.  MD is a novel about reconciliation and it seems my brain, the novel, and I have all been working toward some reconciliation this entire process and we've all finally landed on something we can live with ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment